jueves, 12 de noviembre de 2009

My experience learning English at the University

This is my last English blog, I had course the four levels, two years finally and maybe its sound bad, but I think that I didn’t have a good experience learning English at the university, although I’m not sure if I have very good reasons. I say that principally because I think that the English here it would be different than the English that I learned at school, but the method that teacher use was very similar. I feel that I lost a year because the first two levels I didn’t learned anything new, I just “learned” some thinks in the last levels (three and four), principally because I have to talk more, so I relaxed a little, now I feel more confident.

So, I can see bad and good reasons to evaluate my experience:
I think that English here would be different than English at the school, but I sow that the system was the same, though I had three different teachers, all of them teach similar, only one speak every time in English, and impulse you to speak in English to. Have English at the university was more a problem that a help. The classes took me a lot of time, I had to take the course besides the obligatory courses, and I felt that I was lost my time, as I said, especially the first year.

The good thing, as I say, was that in level three I had to speak in English a lot, so I gain more confidence, and now I feel less shame if I have to talk with an Anglo speaker. In general I understand the most of thing that I listen and read. My problems with English are at the moment to talk and write, I get nervous when I talk and I make mistakes when I write, unfortunately, this two years didn’t help me with this problems.

As a reflection, I think that learn English is very important, but you need a real motivation. Have excellent teachers doesn’t help if you don’t have motivation to learn. Personally, I hate study English here, now I study psychology, for now I can live with the English that I know, probably in the future I will need to learn more English, maybe to study abroad.

1 comentario:

  1. I'm sorry your experience wasn't as good as you expected, but at least, as you mentioned in your post, you have gained confidence when it comes to talking, and that's a very important thing when learning a language: the more confident you get, the easier it is to learn.
    I'm attaching your corrected post.

    This is my last English blog POST , I haVE coMPLETED the four levels IN two years, finally! And it may sound bad, but I think that I didn’t have a good experience learning English at the university, although I’m not sure if I have very good reasons FOR SAYING SO. I say that principally because I think that the English here (/) would be different FROM the English that I learned at school, but the method that teacherS usED was very similar. I feel that I lost a year because the first two levels I didn’t learn(/) anything new, I just “learned” some thinGs in the last levels (three and four), principally because I haDto talk more, so I relaxed a little, now I feel more confident.

    So, I can see bad and good reasons to evaluate my experience:
    I thOUGHT that THE English here would be different FROM THE English at school, but I sAw that the system was the same, AND though I had three different teachers, all of them tAUGHT IN A similar WAY, only one OF THEM spOKE in English ALL THE time, and ENCOURAGED you to speak in English, toO. HavING English at the university was more a problem that a help. The classes took me a lot of time, I had to take the course besides the COMPULSOry courses, and I felt that I was WASTING my time, as I said, especially the first year.

    The good thing, as I saID, was that in level three I had to speak in English a lot, so I gainED more confidence, and now I feel less AshameD if I have to talk with an eNGLISH speaker. In general I understand (/) most of THE thingS that I listen and read. My problems with English are, at the moment, to talk and write. I get nervous when I talk and I make mistakes when I write. Unfortunately, thESE two years didn’t help me MUCH with thESE problems.

    As a reflection, I think that learnING English is very important, but you need a real motivation. HavING excellent teachers doesn’t help if you don’t have motivation to learn. Personally, I hate studyING English here. Now I’M studyING psychology AND for THE TIME BEING I can live with the English that I know, probably in the future I will need to learn more English, maybe I WILL study abroad.

    ResponderEliminar