jueves, 8 de octubre de 2009

Pets: my experience

My family have had six pets since I can remember, always dogs. But only one have been mine, whit she (it was a female) I had good and bad experiences, and I want to talk something about it. Unfortunately she doesn’t be with me anymore, she died six year ago.

My uncle gave her to me for Christmas, when I was six, she live ten years, so I grow up whit her. She was a cocker spaniel, brown head with some white spot in the leg and head. Her name was “Nala” like the girlfriend of the “Lion King”, this movie was my favourite when I was a child, so I choose this name for her, when she was a puppy she was like a little lion too.

I liked her so much because she was really kindly and when I was sad she just sit next to me and put her nose in my hand, and smell me. She played a lot whit me, and sometimes mi mom allowed her to stay in the house with us. I had to cleaned her and feed. She comes with us to everywhere.


My life is different without her. She died when I was sixteen; I knew that she was really old and very ill, but I felt very sad. I never could have a pet again, I have dogs in my house, but I don’t considerer mines, my father take care of them. I don’t involve and, I don’t know if it is a good or a bad thing. I hope to can have a pet again, but for now, I prefer to don’t have one.

I don’t know if is necessary to have a pet. Maybe when you are an only child (this is not my case). But you run the risk of involved too much, like me and feel terrible if something happen to your pet.
In some case, have a pet is an important way to learn some responsibilities, like feed they, or cleaning them. Some parents use this way to teach to the kids to take care of their pets and themselves.

Sometimes the family doesn’t take care about their pets, and sometimes they abandoned them. Something like happened in Chaiten. I feel really sad when this situation happen. Fortunately some families want to adopted abandoned animals and give them a better home.

I don’t know if I can adopt an abandoned animal, but this is because I prefer to not have one yet. Maybe I going to have a pet again when I have my own place, and this will the moment to thinking about it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario